Saturday, February 14, 2009

Partying---Skinny Frog Style

Mia has asked me every day for the past three months "is my birthday party today?" It is very hard when your big sisters birthday is in November to wait all the way until February for it to be your turn to open presents! Finally, the day arrived, and the first guest didn't arrive too soon!

We are VERY into Dora these days. We have the PJs, we watch the show, and when we are in a big hurry, we say "mommy, vamanos!" So, naturally, we had a big Dora party. I ordered supplies last month, made invitations, and geared up for the big Dora event. I couldn't find a Dora cake that I liked, so I fashioned 24 of these Dora cupcakes for my little birthday girl...which, by the way, I think gave me carpal tunnel! We also made muffins and dipped pretzel sticks because you can never have enough items with sprinkles and icing at a party!

She was so excited this morning. We woke up and got ready for our party...shook a couple of gifts and tried looking in between some tissue paper, but overall, the Skinny Frog was pretty patient.

When her friends arrived we opened presents, sang "happy birthday", ate cupcakes, and overall had a great time. She played with her friends, and got to hang with Memaw, Poppa, and Mammaw and had a great day.

It is so hard to believe that she is 3. It seems like just yesterday we left the hospital with her and made our way home in the middle of an ice storm. She was just this little tiny person and now she is not even resembling a baby anymore. She is so big now. She dresses herself, helps me clean, goes to the "big girl" potty by herself (huge milestone!), and is such a big helper with her baby sister. When did my baby become not a baby anymore? She is big, independent, smart, sassy, and amazing. I love that she wants to do everything "by herself", and in the next breath wants to get in my bed and "snuggle". I love that she has brown hair and eyes like me. I love that normal everyday things are amazing adventures in her little world.

I can't wait to see what this year brings for her! She is such an amazing little addition to our family. I can't imagine what our family would be like without her. She is an amazing little gift that God has so graciously blessed our family with. Her sisters are nuts about her. She is crazy and funny and in a world of her own most of the time. So, here are some "Mia-isms" from her first three years of life...I am sure there are many more, but these are the ones that come to mind tonight...

***She calls me into the bathroom to tell me that her "hiney screamed"
***Her favorite candies are M&Ms and "kiss-yous" (Hershey Kisses)
***Her favorite TV shows are Dora, Tom and Jerry, and Wonder Pets
***She LOVES High School Musical (all three of them) and can sing every song at the top of her lungs
***"yesterday" is "lasterday"
***She looked at Santa this year (while on his lap) then looked at me and said "I don't like this guy"
***When the sun goes down in the evening it is getting "darking outside"
***Her drink of choice is "chocky milk"
***When her daddy gave her flowers for Valentines Day today she said they were "lovely"
***If she likes dinner, she tells me it is "scrumptious"
***"Ice cream" is "ass cream"

2 comments:

  1. That girl is so funny! I will never forget the "my hiney screamed" comment, and I love the Santa one too.

    Happy birthday Mia! We love you big time!

    love, aunt jac and the boys (all 4!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your day was happy Mia mia.

    "Aunty" Shari

    ReplyDelete