Sunday, April 19, 2009

Poor Jacob...

So, it has been nice outside the last couple of days, so it has given us quality outside time! Yesterday, as the kids played outside, I noticed Mia clutching her chest tightly, she was not crying or looking upset, so I just watched her from inside for a while. Every once in a while she would talk to herself and clutch her chest again so I went outside to see what the story was.

"I am hugging Jacob." Mia said.

That is nice, I thought. Mia has a little imaginary friend named Jacob, apparently, and she is hugging the life out of him. That is when I saw it...a little webbed foot flailing anxiously beneath her death grip.

"What exactly is Jacob?" I asked.

"He is my best frog!" Said Mia.




Mia was so very proud of her frog. She carried him around proudly all afternoon, only putting him down so she could catch him again. She called daddy outside so he could see Jacob, and Ryan even picked him up-against his better judgment.




Occasionally, Mia would graciously let her sister hold Jacob, but under her very watchful eye, and not very long, just long enough for Annalise and Jacob to pose for a picture.




Poor Jacob, he was dropped a few times on the ground, but he seemed to recover, and she would pick him up gently and apologize...and....yes.....



...she gave him a big 'ole kiss to make it better!


Click the play button...

2 comments:

  1. That is SO CUTE! That frog is incredibly patient, too. Love that girl! She looks so much like you and your mom it's scary! A little clone, that one is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! too cute! she's getting so big! :)

    ReplyDelete