Monday, March 30, 2009

March Snowstorm

The crazieness of the weather is about to drive me over the edge! Last week I was so proud of myself. I cleared the girls closet off all winter clothes, and vacuum sealed everything and put them in storage in the garage. I felt so productive and was glad there was NO winter stuff left in the closets since the temperatures had been steadily in the 60s for a while.

Well, since we had a crazy cold front come through Friday night, I got to go out into my garage in my neatly organized winter boxes, un-seal them, dig down to the bottom of the bags, and dig out some winter clothes...so much for my productiveness!! I have to admit, I was a little skeptical of whether or not it would actually get cold...but we woke up on Saturday morning with snow on the ground. The kids were really excited. We started out the week with 60 degree temperatures and woke up Saturday morning with a "blizzard". The snowflakes were HUGE. It was snowing so hard, but the ground was so warm that a lot of the snow didn't stick. Some of it did and the kiddos got geared up in their snow clothes and went out to play in it.

It was really the first time that Mia got to play out in the snow. She had a blast. She was picking up snow and trying to chase her daddy and sister around the yard to pelt them with the snowballs. They made snow angels and stuck their tongues out to catch the snow.

The girls had a great time playing with their daddy in the snow...which, by the way, lasted only until the next morning because the temperature yesterday was near 70! Gotta love the crazy weather! Maybe this week I will re-vacuum seal the winter clothes!


No comments:

Post a Comment